Monday, February 21, 2011

All jacked up on coffee and coupons!!!


So, yesterday Dan and I watched a show called Extreme Couponing. People were getting hundreds of dollars of groceries for just a few dollars. While I am not willing to have this take over my life the way many of the people featured did, it did encourage me to be better about finding deals and taking advantage of them.

Today I made my first foray into the world of extreme couponing.... I went to Target and got $50.68 worth of groceries for a mere $19.15. That's a 62% savings!!! And, since I had a gift card, it was completely free!!...Plus I walked away with $1.50 in new coupons...so really I made money!

Since I am new to this, I went to the experts at www.thefrugalgirls.com to see the current Target deals and make my plan of attack. I got all jacked up on 2 cups of coffee and the excitement of savings, and executed my shopping in 10 short minutes. Unfortunately, there were a couple of $5 coupons listed on The Frugal Girls website that I didn't get. I was hoping to earn them at the register, and that would have taken my savings up to 81%. Sadly, they were not available in the Bakersfield region. :(

For those of you who are curious, here's what I bought....

7 Tony's Crisp Crust Pizzas, sale price $5/5 (or $1/ea) plus mfr coupon $1off/2 = $0.86/ea

1 Alexia Sweet potato fries, sale price $3.49, mfr coupon $1 off/1 = $2.49/ea

10 Weight Watchers Smart One's Entrees, sale price $1.80/ea, Target coupon $5 off/10, mfr coupon $3 off/10 = $1.00/ea

Plus, Target gave me a freezer tote worth $3.99 for purchasing 6 frozen entrees = free!!

That's 17 meals, a side dish and a freezer tote for under $20!!!!!

Hope you find some great deals like these too.

No comments:

Post a Comment