Monday, March 28, 2011

Starting the Stockpile

Ok. I have to confess that until recently, I did not see the logic behind "stockpiling." Well, now I do. If something is dirt cheap, or better yet free, get a mess of them! Then, when you need it later, you don't have to spend full price. In order to avoid hoarding, simply acquire what you need for the next couple of months (the likely length of time before you can get that item for free again.) Or, better yet, when you have stocked up what your family can use, start donating! I can't wait to put together a box of full-size health and beauty products to take to the Rescue Mission.

So, here's some of my shopping this week to add to the "stockpile."

CVS:

Skintimate Moisturizing Cream Shave or Gel, 6-10 oz $3.49
Buy 1, Receive $2.50 Extra Bucks, Limit 1
$0.55/1 Skintimate Shave Gel from SS 3/27
Pay $2.94, Receive $2.50 Extra Bucks
Final Price: $0.44 (Bummer that the limit on this was one, but what a great deal!)

Stove Top Stuffing, 6 oz $0.77
$0.50/1 Stove Top Stuffing – (coupons.com)
Final Price: $0.27 each (I did this twice for a total of $0.54)

Clean and Clear Body Wash $2.99
Use Buy One Get One Free coupon from SS 3/27
and Use $2.00/1 Clean and Clear Product
Final Price: 2 for $0.99

Buy 4 Axe Shower Gel $4.50
Use 2 B1G1 Axe Shower Gel or Detailer from RP 3/27
Pay $9.00, Receive $5.00 Extra Bucks
Final Price: $1.00 each

I really wanted to do the KCL deals for Pledge, Physicians Formula, and Halls Cough Drops, but I just haven't been doing this long enough to have the necessary coupons.

I had ECBs from last week's purchases. (See previous posts.) That's the great thing about CVS- if you buy the right items with the right coupons, you can spend next to nothing on your purchases- just roll the ECBs to the next week! You cannot, however, pay tax with ECBs, so today for 6 bodywashes, 2 boxes of stuffing mix, and some shave gel, I paid $1.88!!! That was literally the change out of my van. A savings of 96%, plus I received $7.50 in new ECBs for next time. ;)


Rite-Aid:

American Greeting Card $0.99, buy 3
Use $3.00/3 – American Greeting Cards from Rite Aid Ad 3/27
Final Price: Free

Northern Ultra Toilet Tissue, 12 Pk $11.99

Sale $6.49 with Card (I would normally wait for a coupon to sweeten the deal, but if you need toilet paper.....)

I really wanted to do the KCL deal for Tums, but they did not have the type specified on the coupon I had. Not sure if they would have taken it anyway. Maybe I should have tried? I'm still new at this. ;) Obviously, the toilet paper brought my total savings down. I paid $6.99 which is a savings of 55%. Not bad!


Walgreens:

Huggies Wipes, 64 or 72 pk $2.50
$0.50/1 Huggies Baby Wipes, any 64 ct. or larger from SS 3/20
Final Price: $2.00 (again, this is not earth-shattering savings, but I will take it since we need wipes.)

2 Popcorn Snack, $0.75 each

Sale, $0.25 each

With tax, I paid $3.47, that's a 40% savings.

It's hard to remember that you don't have to go after every deal. It's also hard to accept when there is a deal that you want to go after, and you don't have the right coupons. There is always another sale tomorrow. Happy saving!

No comments:

Post a Comment