Wednesday, October 26, 2011

DIY Record Dessert Stand Tutorial




So, I recently created these dessert stands for my little guys birthday party and they were so easy that I just had to share a how to....
1. Get some glass candle holders from the Dollar Tree. Mine were for votives, but taper holders would work just as well.
2. Grab a can of spray paint and give 2 thorough coats. I had red on hand, and that worked great with my color scheme.












3. Lay records on a flat surface. (I got mine from Goodwill for $0.25 each!) Put some Krazy Glue all over the rim of the top of the candle holder and stick it to the middle. Allow to dry and voila! (Since we were doing a Beatles themed party, DaHubby printed out some stickers from his computer to cover over the original label on the record.)
4. Adorn with goodies! We obviously did yellow submarines out of twinkles, but they will hold just about anything.

Tip: These are not that sturdy, so choose things that you can balance or buy wide candle holders.
Also, don't be crazy and do this to your real record collection!

Total cost: $5 for 4 stands!!!

More Beatles Bday Party details coming soon...


No comments:

Post a Comment