Thursday, February 2, 2012

Month 1- Results Show

Well, I can only say good things about January. Isn't it always the best month when it comes to New Year's resolutions? If you're just joining us, you can read about the challenge I issued to myself here.

So how'd I do?

5 pounds lost!!!
How? P90X 3-4 times a week, Walking 3 miles at least 4 times a week, Cooking primarily Hungry Girl recipes. I ate out, ate pizza, and ate ice cream. Not exactly what I would recommend, but when you're on a long-term journey, sometimes you have to allow yourself pit-stops. I never once felt deprived. By being good most of the time, my slip-ups and poor choices are offset. Then, by exercising, I make progress. The more consistent my healthy choices, the quicker I'll get to goal, so that's something to work on in February.

$950.oo in unexpected income!!!
(This doesn't include Dahubby's guitar lessons or my babysitting.)
How? Selling things on Ebay (old phones, CDs, DVDs, and books), Selling unwanted furniture on Craig's List, Selling clothes at Plato's Closet

As far as the things we did not do so well, it's worth mentioning that we went over budget in several areas, but most significantly in the area of fast food. We need to get better at having convenience foods and freezer meals ready to go in the house so that we are not tempted. We've been busting our butts to make extra money and save on our expenses. That equals tired Mommy and Daddy which equals lazy cooks. But, as we are a work in process, I am very happy with the results of our efforts. And, God seems to be blessing them, so what more could I ask for?

Looking forward to February, I intend to continue doing my whole Julie/Julia thing with Hungry Girl recipes. And, as my 1/2 marathon is coming up this month (read more about that here), I anticipate more intensive training and lots of extra calories burned. Traveling may add to the eating out budget, but we'll have to do our best.

How are your resolutions coming along? Feel free to leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment