Thursday, January 12, 2012

Increasing Income- Getting paid to do what you love

Well, it's Thursday, so that means it's time to talk about increasing your income. Perhaps the easiest way to stay consistent in your additional income earning efforts is to do something you actually like to do! So here are some things that we like to do...

Dahubby teaches guitar lessons. He charges $20 for a half hour lesson. Each student comes once a week so the cost to them is reasonable, but the earning potential per hour is high. When we purchased our house, we immediately recognized the converted garage as a possible music studio. So, students start showing up at 5:30pm on Wednesday evenings and they don't stop coming till 8pm. He also teaches on Thursday nights, Saturday mornings, and he teaches a class for the North of the River Parks and Rec on Tuesday nights. Yes, this is a lot, and it is work, but he gets to practice, teach, and have fun with his students and make $40 an hour!

I, however, am not so accomplished. What I can do, though, is watch the crap out of some kids. So, as a stay-at-home mom, I was honored and excited when my friend K asked me to babysit her little girl 2-3 days per week. Our little friend is just 1 month older than my B-bear, and they are thick as thieves. It's a great opportunity to keep him stimulated and socialized while I earn extra income.

I also have an Etsy shop! You can visit it at www.etsy.com/dahoneydesigns . There will be more inventory added soon, but I have already made a few sales. If you're not familiar with Etsy, it's an online marketplace for exclusively handmade and/or vintage goods. I wish I could go back to my 12 year old self and say, "Yes, Virginia (er, I'd probably call myself Brittney), you can make money selling crafts!

So what are you good at? What do you love to do? Can you teach an instrument? Can you watch kids without letting them burn the house down? Can you knit a scarf? Figure out how you want to spend your time and pray about a way to make money doing it. It won't be non-work, but it will be the easiest work you'll ever find.

P.S.- We are continuing our clearance sales on Ebay, so there will be an update on Sunday in "The Results Show." Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment