Thursday, January 5, 2012

Last night's dinner- Spicy Chicken Sandwich & Sassy Salsa Pumpkin Soup

Chick-fil-A might be one of my favorite places on earth. They'll serve you a yummy heart attack with such impeccable manners. Dahubby and I especially love their Spicy Chicken Deluxe Sandwich. And now they have a Chicken Tortilla Soup? What are they trying to do to me? Combined, they contain 800 calories, 32 grams of fat, and a whopping 2670 mg of sodium.

Instead, last night I made Hungry Girl's Spicy Crispy Chicken Sandwich and Sassy Salsa Pumpkin Soup. Together, they only cost me 490 calories, 5.5 grams of fat, and 1852 mg sodium. Yes the sodium is a little higher than it should be for one meal, but the rest of my day was virtually sodium free, so that's ok.

Who knew you could "faux fry" chicken breast in ground up Fiber One twigs and Egg Beaters?

Dahubby says, "It's just the right amount of spicy. Definite repeat."

No comments:

Post a Comment